[Socbin] VTT is looking for a Senior Research Scientist or Research Scientist in computational systems biology (Espoo, Finland)

Hilvo Mika Mika.Hilvo at vtt.fi
Fri Oct 29 15:24:33 CEST 2010

Senior Research Scientist or Research Scientist in computational systems biology

Application deadline
2010-11-21

Function
Biotechnology

Job description
To strengthen our research in systems biology, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Research Scientist or Research Scientist. The focus of the position is on analyses and/or dynamic modelling of metabolomics and lipidomics data. You are expected to develop methods that facilitate interpretation of the data in various biochemical and physiological contexts. You will be working for several projects, either public funded or contract research projects, that are investigating how alterations in the metabolome or lipidome result in human diseases.

Expectations
You should have a strong background in bioinformatics, multivariate statistics or computational modelling of biological systems or networks. We expect you to be ready to develop new skills, to be motivated for collaboration and to excel in team work. Ability to cultivate commercial value from research is regarded as an asset. The task requires good command of English, both written and spoken.

We offer
We offer challenging assignments and modern facilities. The position offers an opportunity to gain experience and contribute to the promising new areas of systems biology and metabolomics. We provide good opportunities for personal development and the benefits of a large employer. In addition, we offer the opportunity to become involved in domestic and international top level research.

Knowledge centre/Service area
Biotechnology for health and well-being

Location
Espoo, Finland