[Socbin] REMINDER: Swedish Bioinformatics Workshop (Lund 29-30/9)

Carl Troein carl at thep.lu.se
Wed Aug 24 17:10:49 CEST 2011

*Please pass this message on to interested PhD students and postdocs.*

Dear fellow scientists,

We would like to inform/remind you that the 11th Swedish Bioinformatics
Workshop will be held at Lund University on 29-30 September. We have
extended the registration deadline to 31 August.

We have an exciting scientific programme with special focus on Systems
Biology and Comparative Genomics.
Confirmed invited speakers:
* Peter Swain, University of Edinburgh:
* Richard Bonneau, New York University
* Bruce Fouke, University of Illinois
See http://cbbp.thep.lu.se/sbw2011/

The purpose of the workshop is to provide an opportunity for young
researchers to meet, exchange ideas, and keep up to date with the growing
body of knowledge in the field. The workshop is an excellent opportunity
for young scientists to present and discuss their work, and so to gain
valuable experience and feedback.

The workshop will address both theoretical questions and applications to
biological problems. In addition to presentations given by participants,
there will be keynote talks from specially invited speakers, and a poster
session.

The topic of the workshop is bioinformatics in the broadest sense, and
we accept contributions (talks and posters) in any area of bioinformatics.

The workshop is *free of charge* for PhD students and postdocs based in
Sweden. For other scientists we will charge 600 SEK for meal and other
costs (1200 SEK for non-academic participants).

You can find more information about the workshop, the registration form,
and so forth, at http://cbbp.thep.lu.se/sbw2011/ .

The workshop poster, which we kindly ask you to print and post where
interested young researchers may see it, can be found at
http://cbbp.thep.lu.se/sbw2011/downloads/sbw2011_poster.pdf

We hope to see many of you in Lund in September!

The SBW2011 organizing committee:
Carl Troein & Stefan Wallin,
   Dept. of Astronomy and Theoretical Physics, Lund University
Dag Ahrén,
   Dept. of Biology, Lund University