[SocBiN] Postdocs in Genome-Scale Proteomics, Imaging-based Screening and Cancer Biology [Please Distribute Widely].

Rune Linding rune.linding at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:18:17 CEST 2012

See www.lindinglab.org/jobs if the below ad does not display properly. We
have 3 open postdoc positions.
BW, R

 [image: Apply for this job
online]<http://ssl1.peoplexs.com/Peoplexs22/CandidatesPortalNoLogin/ApplicationForm.cfm?PortalID=946&VacatureID=438624&CustomerCode=DTU1>Postdocs
in Genome-Scale Proteomics, Imaging-based Screening and Cancer
Biology
[image: DTU Jobs and Careers]

We are seeking three Postdoctoral Fellows to The Cellular Signal
Integration Group (C-SIG). The group is a network biology research group
located at the Department of Systems Biology at the Technical University of
Denmark (DTU). Our department represents one of the largest network biology
centers in academia and has a highly multi-disciplinary profile.

In the lab, we explore biological systems by both generating
high-throughput data and developing and deploying algorithms aimed at
predicting cell behavior with accuracy similar to that of weather or
aircraft models. Our focus is on studying cellular signal processing and
decision-making.

*Job description*
The positions are available in the Lindinglab. Prof. Dr. Linding is a
world-leading network biologist whose laboratory is interested in the
mechanisms by which cells use signaling networks to respond and adapt to
changes in their environment. We are seeking highly motivated, bright
Researchers to join our highly dynamic, productive and stimulating lab.

In these positions, the successful applicant will work in a fast-paced
dynamic environment, performing large-scale integrative studies to advance
research into biological and complex systems in order to develop new
understanding of evolution and therapies for human diseases.

We are seeking experienced and motivated Postdocs to work on projects
related to our recent studies on phosphorylation networks and network
medicine (Erler & Linding Cell
2012<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-dtu/copy9_of_paper-template>
, Bakal, Linding et al. Science
2008<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy3_of_paper-template>
, Tan et al. Science
2009<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy6_of_paper-template>
, Tan et al. Science2011<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-dtu/copy18_of_paper-template>
 and Jørgensen et al. Science 2009
<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy12_of_paper-template>
).

The projects involve different combinations of RNAi screening,
mass-spectrometry, NGS/genomics and large-scale cell culturing to
systematically investigate dysregulation of signaling networks in cancer.
By combining computational modelling with genomics, quantitative
phospho-proteomics and high-throughput imaging we aim to perform global
modeling of biological systems and cancer progression.

*Qualifications*
Candidates must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in systems biology,
molecular biology or another relevant field, and have experience in cell
biology. Experience in large-scale/systems studies is desirable. Experience
in mammalian tissue culture, cell imaging, genomics, signal transduction,
mass-spectrometry and quantitative proteomics or phospho-proteomics is a
distinct advantage.

The post-holder must be keen to generate, analyze and computationally
handle large-scale quantitative data to reach a deeper understanding of
biological question at hand.

*Salary and terms of employment
*The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the
Confederation of Professional Associations, and the relevant union
negotiates the allowance.
The period of employment is 2-3 years with the possibility of extension.

The postdoctoral salary in Denmark is one of the best world-wide and
foreign researchers will be able to enter the country on a low tax rate
(26%), while remaining fully eligible for all public services of the Danish
well-fare society. The candidate will receive a high monthly retirement
supplement in addition to the salary.

*DTU offers
*The C-SIG lab is part of the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis (CBS)
at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). CBS represents one of the
largest systems- and computational biology centers in academia and has a
highly multi-disciplinary profile. DTU strives for academic excellence,
collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading
technical university in Europe and ranks with the best universities in the
world. We offer a highly attractive training environment and the
opportunity to take part in a frontier research program combating cancer.

*Application procedure*
We must have your online application by 20 September 2012. To apply, please
open the link "apply online" and fill in the application form and attach
your application, CV and diploma. The material that should be given
consideration in the assessment must be attached.

Applications should be submitted in English. Applications and enclosures
received after the deadline will not be considered.

All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability,
religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.

*Further information *
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Rune Linding, Phone: +45
2365 1941 or linding at cbs.dtu.dk.

You can read more about Rune Linding’s Research Group at
lindinglab.org<http://www.lindinglab.org/>
.

--

Rune Linding - Research Group Leader, Professor, PhD

Cellular Signal Integration Group (C-SIG) - http://www.lindinglab.org

Center for Biological Sequence Analysis (CBS) - http://www.cbs.dtu.dk

Department of Systems Biology - Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

Building 301, DK-2800 Lyngby, DENMARK - Phone: +45 2365 1941

$CURRENT_TIMEZONE=CET

$CURRENT_EVENT_HORIZON=2Weeks