[SocBiN] JOB: Lab Manager in an international high-throughput network biology lab

Rune Linding rune.linding at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 10:17:42 CET 2012

Lab Manager in an international high-throughput network biology lab
[image: DTU Jobs and Careers]

Applications are invited for a Senior Research Technician / Laboratory
Manager, to work in the Cellular Signal Integration Group. C-SIG,
http://www.lindinglab.org, is a network biology research group located at
the Department of Systems Biology at the Technical University of Denmark
(DTU). Our department represents one of the largest network biology centers
in academia and has a highly multi-disciplinary profile. In our lab, we
explore biological systems by both generating high-throughput data and
developing and deploying algorithms aimed at predicting cell behavior with
accuracy similar to that of weather or aircraft models. Our focus is on
studying cellular signal processing and decision-making.

*Job description
*A Senior Research/Laboratory Technician / Laboratory Manager position is
available in Prof Rune Linding’s Cellular Signal Integration Group (C-SIG,
http://www.lindinglab.org) at CBS. Prof Linding is a world-leading network
and systems biologist whose laboratory is interested in the mechanisms by
which cells use signaling networks to respond to changes in their
environment. We are seeking highly motivated, bright co-workers and our lab
is a dynamic, highly productive and stimulating environment, where we
provide world-class multi-disciplinary training.

In this position, a successful applicant will work in a fast-paced dynamic
environment to help manage and support studies to advance research into
biological systems in order to develop new understanding and therapies of
complex human diseases like cancer. Duties will range from giving input to
experimental design, guiding experimental efforts, managing day-to-day lab
activities and requirements, to conducting and/or providing experimental
work for on-going projects. Duties will also involve managerial and
administrative support to Prof Linding.

We are seeking an experienced and motivated person to manage and work on
projects related to our recent studies on phosphorylation networks and
network medicine (Creixell et al. 20012 Nature
Biotechnology<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-dtu/copy11_of_paper-template>
, Erler & Linding Cell
2012<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-dtu/copy9_of_paper-template>
, Bakal, Linding et al. Science
2008<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy3_of_paper-template>
, Tan et al. Science
2009<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy6_of_paper-template>
 and Tan et al. Science
2011<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-dtu/copy18_of_paper-template>
 and Jørgensen et al. Science
2009<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy12_of_paper-template>.
The projects involve different combinations of RNAi screening,
mass-spectrometry, NGS/genomics and large-scale cell culturing to
systematically investigate dysregulation of signaling networks in cancer.
By combining computational modeling with genomics, quantitative
phospho-proteomics and high-throughput imaging we aim to perform global
modeling of biological systems and cancer progression.

*Qualifications
*Candidates must hold a laboratory technician degree and previous
experience from working in an environment with molecular biology,
biochemistry, cell biology or a relevant field and have extensive
experience of mammalian tissue culture, protein chemistry, proteomics
sample prep workflows and general biochemistry skills. Experience of
biological mass spectrometry (nLC-ESI-MS), quantitative proteomics or
phospho-proteomics and RNAi is a distinct advantage. Experience in project
management, budgeting, grant administration and negotiations is desirable.

*Salary and terms of employment
*Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the OAO-S joint
agreement and association agreement for office workers, laboratory
technicians and IT staff (HK/Stat) signed with the Danish Ministry of
Finance. The candidate will receive a high monthly retirement supplement in
addition to the salary.

The period of employment is permanent.

*DTU offers
*The C-SIG lab is part of the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis (CBS)
at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). CBS represents one of the
largest systems- and computational biology centers in academia and has a
highly multi-disciplinary profile. DTU strives for academic excellence,
collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading
technical university in Europe and ranks with the best universities in the
world. We offer a highly attractive salary and the opportunity to take part
in a frontier research program combating cancer.

*Salary and terms of employment
*Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the OAO-S joint
agreement and association agreement for office workers, laboratory
technicians and IT staff (HK/Stat) signed with the Danish Ministry of
Finance. The candidate will receive a high monthly retirement supplement in
addition to the salary.

*Further information
*Further information may be obtained from Professor Rune Linding, +45 2365
1941 or linding at cbs.dtu.dk.

You can read more about CBS, the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis,
on www.cbs.dtu.dk and about Professor Rune Linding’s Research Group at
www.lindinglab.org.

*Application procedure
*We must have your online application by *20 January 2013*. To apply,
please open the link "apply online" below and fill in the application form
and attach your publication list, CV and cover letter.  Applications should
be submitted in English.

Please do not include reprints of already published papers in your
application. The material that should be given consideration in the
assessment must be attached.

Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be
considered.

All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability,
religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.

[image: Apply for this job
online]<http://ssl1.peoplexs.com/Peoplexs22/CandidatesPortalNoLogin/ApplicationForm.cfm?PortalID=946&VacatureID=548717&CustomerCode=DTU1>

--

Rune Linding - Research Group Leader, Professor, PhD

Cellular Signal Integration Group (C-SIG) - http://www.lindinglab.org

Center for Biological Sequence Analysis (CBS) - http://www.cbs.dtu.dk

Department of Systems Biology - Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

Building 301, DK-2800 Lyngby, DENMARK - Phone: +45 2365 1941

$CURRENT_TIMEZONE=CET

$CURRENT_EVENT_HORIZON=2Weeks