[Socbin] Scientific programmer position open in Stockholm for StartUp

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Thu Feb 23 21:48:41 CET 2012

*Serendipity Innovations is looking to hire a skilled **programmer for one
of its portfolio companies!*

*About Serendipity Innovations*

*Serendipity Innovations AB is a leading Swedish Venture Management company
**whose core business is to create new innovative companies based on
leading **research. With experienced leadership in entrepreneurship,
Serendipity aims to **build world-leading companies. For more information,
visit **www.sdip.se/en**.*

*About BinaryBio*

BinaryBio is spin-off company founded on scientifically leading research
from The KTH Royal Institute of Technology and Stockholm University. The
company is focused on providing solutions in distributed computing and the
use of cloud computing in a high-performance computing environment,
primarily to the lifescience industry*.*

*Are you up for a challenge?*

For this position, we do not look for a specific list of skills or
technologies. As one project might need knowledge of network programming
and another might need machine learning and distributed search techniques,
we look for somebody who can show flexibility, high productivity, and the
capability to learn new technologies.

Whatever technology or programming language you have used in your
prior work, we expect you to have mastered them in depth and we expect you
to master any new technology that might be needed.

*Your profile and educational background*

You are a creative and highly motivated person with excellent ability to
plan and execute tasks. You are stimulated by complex problems and have
good problem solving skills.

A master’s degree is desirable but not mandatory. However, we will
evaluate your knowledge in an interview. You should also be able to show
case prior work, thesis work, or school projects.

Desirable, but not necessary, competencies include:

   - Network programming
   - Very good knowledge of C/C++ or Java
   - Network security architectures
   - Database-backed application programming

*How to apply*

If you have further questions, you are welcome to contact Amin Omrani at
amin at sdip.se. Please send your application to career at sdip.se.