[SocBiN] BIOINFORMATIC RESEARCH FELLOW POSITION

Leonardo A. Meza-Zepeda leonardm at rr-research.no
Fri May 25 11:11:31 CEST 2012

BIOINFORMATIC RESEARCH FELLOW POSITION
(Reference number: 1443643426)

A Bioinformatic research fellowship in cancer genomics is available at the
Department of Tumor Biology. The candidate will work at the Institute for
Cancer research at the Norwegian Radium Hospital. The appointment is for
three years, with possibility for extension.
The position is part of a research grant recently funded by the Research
Council of Norway, to establish and evaluate genome-based diagnostics for
cancer treatment decisions (see cancergenomics.no).
We seek a highly motivated research fellow to participate in cutting edge
cancer genomics research using high-throughput sequencing at the Department
of Tumor Biology, physically located at the new research building at
Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway.
The bioinformatician will be a part of our enthusiastic genomics team
(biologists and bioinformaticians) studying soft tissue and bone tumours,
and will be our anchor for analysis of high-throughput sequencing data
within our personalized cancer medicine initiative. The candidate will do
research using data generated at our Genomics Core Facility (Illumina data)
and public available data, and will also be involved on the analysis of
exome and transcriptome sequencing data from other cancer forms. The
candidate will also participate in projects from external collaborating
groups analyzing miRNA, ChIP-Seq and DNA methylation sequencing data.
Applicants should hold a PhD degree within the field of computational
biology with experience in computer programming and statistics. A keen
interest for genomics and sense for technology is required, and hands-on
experience in high-throughput sequencing analysis will be an advantage.
Personal characteristics, such as communication and collaboration skills,
will be given careful consideration, as well as evaluation given by
references and interview.
The application should be accompanied by a CV, list of publications and
copies of 3 selected papers, a short description of the applicant¹s own work
as well as certified copies of diplomas and other relevant documentation of
education. Names, addresses and contact information of three references are
required. The application and CV may be submitted electronically to
leonardo at genomics.no, and five hard copies of all attachments should be sent
to Oslo University Hospital, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Department of
Tumor Biology, P.O. Box 4953 Nydalen, NO-0424 Oslo Norway, marked Attention
to Dr. Leonardo A. Meza-Zepeda. By applying to the position, it is accepted
that we perform a background check on selected items from the CV or exams
and certificates.

For more information please contact:
Dr. Leonardo A. Meza-Zepeda
E-mail: leonardo at genomics.no, Tel. +47-2278 1769

We offer competitive salary according to competence, as well as brand new
state of the art facilities and stimulating research environment.

Application deadline: 13th June 2012

Leonardo A. Meza-Zepeda, Dr. philos.
Head of Mesenchymal Genomics Project Group
Head of Microarray and Sequencing Core Facility
Department of Tumor Biology
The Norwegian Radium Hospital
Oslo University Hospital

Telephone: +47-22781769