[SocBiN] 5-year researcher positions (deadline 02.05.2013)

Jaak Vilo vilo at ut.ee
Tue Apr 16 11:07:15 CEST 2013

I am happy to announce two openings for bioinformatics *researcher*
position for *5 years* at University of Tartu, Estonia.

http://www.ut.ee/en/bioinformatics-research-fellow (Deadline May 2nd)

As a researcher you are expected to perform independent, as well as
collaborative research in the BIIT research group
http://biit.cs.ut.ee/ , supervise and co-supervise MSc and PhD students,
organise courses and research seminars, and participate in EU projects
and other international collaborations.

We are partnering in several EU FP7 and IMI projects dealing with
heterogeneous 'omics and medical informatics data, and the data from
Estonian Biobank via the Center for Translational Genomics initiative
(www.ctg.ut.ee). University of Tartu represents also a node in the
ELIXIR infrastructure ( http://elixir.ut.ee/ ). Hence your job would be
related to a nr of suitable projects and initiatives best matching your
background (bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, genetics...).

We are looking for well motivated candidates with strong skills and
publication track record and a potential to quickly advance in the
academic career in the university environment. BIIT group and University
of Tartu is also a dynamic and active environment with a very good
social life.

Yours,

-Jaak Vilo

--