[SocBiN] NETTAB 2013: Latest news on the programme and a remind for next deadline

Paolo Romano paolo.dm.romano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:04:58 CEST 2013

Dear all,

the programme of NETTAB 2013 has recently evolved and I'm glad to
announce the latest news.

NETTAB 2013 Workshop
on Semantic, Social, and Mobile Applications for Bioinformatics and
Biomedical Laboratories,
October 16-18, 2013, Lido of Venice, Italy.http://www.nettab.org/2013/

NETTAB 2013 is now a joint event with the 1st Meeting on
Bioinformatics in the Veneto Region.
See http://www.cribi.unipd.it/bioinfoven/ (in Italian).

KEYNOTE TALKS

SCIMOBS; the million minds approach revisited in mobile context
Barend Mons, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The
Netherlands, and Netherlands Bioinformatics Center

Facilitating Scientific Discovery through Crowdsourcing and
Distributed Participation
Antony Williams, Royal Society of Chemistry

Semantic, Social, and Mobile technologies for the automation of
research in biomedicine
Ross D. King, School of Computer Science, University of Manchester,
Manchester, United Kingdom

TUTORIALS

Semantic Web for Life Sciences: vision, aims, tools, platforms
Andrea Splendiani, IntelLeaf, United Kingdom, and Digital Enterprise
Research Institute, Ireland

Open_PHACTS and NanoPublications
Speaker to be confirmed, Netherlands Bioinformatics Center, The Netherlands

Standards for Web Applications on Mobile: current state and roadmap
Dominique Hazaël-Massieux, W3C/ERCIM, Sophia Antipolis, Biot, France

Mobile applications for life sciences: perspectives, limitations, and
real examples
Alex Clark, Molecular Materials Informatics, Inc
(Hands-on tutorial, people is invited to bring their smartphones and tablets)

DEADLINES

July 31, 2013: Submission of late abstracts for Oral communications.
Submit a four-page abstract, according to Instructions, at
http://conference.embnet.org/index.php/NETTAB/NETTAB2013

July 31, 2013: Submission of abstract for Posters.
Submit a three-page abstract, according to Instructions, at
http://conference.embnet.org/index.php/NETTAB/NETTAB2013

You will find the complete text of the Call for Abstracts at
http://www.nettab.org/2013/ .

REGISTRATION

Early registration deadline is on September 13, 2013.
Be prepared to register on time and take profit from reduced costs.

I'm looking forward to see you all in Venice in October.

Best regards.

Paolo Romano
on behalf of the Scientific and Organizing Committees
Paolo Romano (paolo.romano at istge.it
<https://webmail.istge.it/src/compose.php?send_to=paolo.romano%40istge.it>)
Bioinformatics
IRCCS AOU San Martino - IST National Cancer Research Institute
Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10, I-16132, Genova, Italy