[SocBiN] Fwd: Extended deadline and additional discounts: International conference in computational biology: June 26-29 2013, Torun, Poland (organized by SocBiN and PTBI)

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Mon Mar 18 09:58:49 CET 2013

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to inform you that we have extended the early registration
deadline / early payment / submission of abstracts for the
            *International Conference*
              *Bioinformatics 2013*
               ...until March 29th

The main reason for this extension was the news that thanks to the support
from the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education we may now
introduce additional discounts for student participants (from all over the
world, regardless of their affiliation) and for members of the PTBI. See
below:

Student (undergraduate/PhD) discount is now 100 EURO (down from 80)
PTBI member discount is now 130 EURO (down from 100)
These discounts are cumulative! So a student member of PTBI who registers
EARLY should pay as little as 380-130-100=*150 EUR*!!!

Check out http://ptbi.org.pl/SocBiN2013/**index.php/registration<http://ptbi.org.pl/SocBiN2013/index.php/registration>for
details.

The current deadlines/important dates are:
Abstract submission (for oral presentations): 29.03.2013
Early bird registration deadline: 29.03.2013
Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection: 05.04.2013
Deadline for early registration fee payment: 19.04.2013
Poster-only submission deadline: 31.05.2013
Deadline for late registration fee payment: 25.06.2013
On-site registration (additional fee)   26-29.06.2013

Please take a look at the updated program:
http://ptbi.org.pl/SocBiN2013/**index.php/program<http://ptbi.org.pl/SocBiN2013/index.php/program>

News include:
- slight modifications to the overall schedule (there will be a special
closing lecture at the very end of the conference, so please do NOT plan to
leave too early on Saturday)
- information about tutorials on Wednesday morning (separate registration!
first come, first serve...)
- full information about invited speakers: Søren Brunak, Johan Åqvist,
Dennis Bray, Valerie Daggett, Karoline Faust, Oxana V. Galzitskaya, Robert
Giegerich, Nick Grishin, Birte Höcker, Ivo Hofacker, Lars J. Jensen, Philip
M. Kim, M. Madan, Edward M. Marcotte, David Mathews, Duncan Odom, Jarone
Pinhassi, Rob Russell...

You and your junior coworkers still have a chance to submit an abstract and
give a talk at this conference! But only until March 29th...

Best regards,
Janusz Bujnicki

P.S. Apologies for possible multiple postings!

P.P.S. Should you have any questions please contact the local organizing
committee:
http://ptbi.org.pl/SocBiN2013/**index.php/contact<http://ptbi.org.pl/SocBiN2013/index.php/contact>

--

Yours

Arne
*
*
* Arne Elofsson            Science for Life Laboratory*
* Tel:+46-(0)852481531     Stockholm University*
* http://bioinfo.se/      Box 1031, *
* Email: arne at bioinfo.se   17121 Solna, Sweden*