[SocBiN] PhD position in plant enhancer bioinformatics/transcriptomics

Albin Sandelin albin at binf.ku.dk
Fri Aug 22 08:15:26 CEST 2014

Dear all
We have a fully paid PhD position in Copenhagen  - please share! Full application link:  http://jobportal.ku.dk/phd/?show=675563

PhD scholarship in Plant Transcriptomics

The Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, is recruiting a PhD student for a 3-year project to work on plant transcriptomics.
The starting date is November 1, 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter. The project is jointly supervised by Professor Albin Sandelin and Associate Professor Peter Brodersen at the Section for Bioinformatics and RNA Biology. The groups are housed in Copenhagen Biocenter in central Copenhagen, Denmark (http://www.biocenter.ku.dk/).
Project
The main focus of the project is to use high-throughput sequencing techniques and computational analyses to generate cell-type specific maps of transcription initiation sites and enhancer activity in Arabidopsis (for examples of our current work, see Andersson et al. (2014), Nature 507, 455–461 and Poulsen et al. (2013) Plant Cell 25: 22-37).
The main task will be computational analysis of sequencing data, but construction of libraries for sequencing will also be part of the work.
Qualifications
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a Master’s degree in bioinformatics or equivalent, with additional understanding of experimental molecular biology from courses at the bachelor or master level, and an interest in laboratory work. We strongly require documented experience in a programming script language such as Python or Perl, linux/unix systems, statistics using R and high-throughput data analysis. Experience in transcriptomics data analysis and mining is a big advantage. Fluency in spoken and written English is a strong requirement.

Albin Sandelin
Professor, PhD
Section for Computational and RNA Biology, Department of Biology & Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, Copenhagen University
Ole Maaloes Vej 5, DK2200, Copenhagen N, Denmark

tel +45 224 56668
albin at binf.ku.dk
skype albinsan