[SocBiN] 2-year Postdoc in Computational Cancer Resarch/Machine Learning, deadline Jan 31

Jens Lagergren jensl at csc.kth.se
Sun Dec 28 17:22:52 CET 2014

Postdoc position in computational biology at  SciLifeLab/CSC, KTH, Stockholm.

The project is concerned with Machine Learning and probabilistic modeling applied to cancer, in particular somatic evolution in cancer and cancer heterogeneity. Methodologically, this project will be focused on Machine Learning and advanced methods for computational inference as well as implementation of such methods on modern high performance computers and clusters. We expect to collaborate with Swedish groups developing new experimental methods and data at SciLifeLab as well as with international collaborators.

This is a 2 year time-limited position. The starting date is open for discussion, though ideally we would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.

The position is located at Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) together with a part of the Computational Biology department, CSC, KTH. SciLifeLab is a national center for molecular biosciences with focus on health and environmental research. It combines frontline technical expertise with advanced knowledge of translational medicine and molecular bioscience.

Application deadline January 31 2015. For details on how to apply see

  https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:49115/where:4/ <https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:49115/where:4/>
For enquiries about the project, please contact Professor Jens Lagergren, jensl at csc.kth.se <mailto:jensl at csc.kth.se>, 08-524 814 96

Best,

Jens