[SocBiN] Starting next week: Advanced level courses "Analysis of data from high-throughput molecular biology experiments"/"Omic Data and Systems Biology"

Olof Emanuelsson olofem at kth.se
Mon Jan 13 22:05:47 CET 2014

Dear SocBiN colleagues,

We, Lukas Käll, Lars Arvestad and Olof Emanuelsson at KTH, will give
two colocalized courses at advanced level named "Analysis of data from
high-throughput molecular biology experiments" 7.5hp and "Omic Data
and Systems Biology", KTH course codes BB2490/DD2399 starting 20
January 2014 and finishing 21 March. The courses are identical in
format and content, but have sparate course codes for historical
reasons.

The courses will cover how to analyze (i) next/now generation
sequencing data (e.g., assembly, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq) and (ii) mass
spectrometry data (e.g., peptide identification, peptide
quantification, post-translational modifications).

There are 11 lectures, 4 computer exercises, and one project. The
project is done in groups of 2 or 3 students, with real data and will
be presented in poster format at a "poster session" towards the end of
the course. The official course plans are available here:
http://www.kth.se/student/kurser/kurs/BB2490?l=en_UK
http://www.kth.se/student/kurser/kurs/DD2399

If you're interested in taking this course, first talk to your
supervisor to find out if it fits into your course package, and then
email a short motivation (1/2 A4 page)  of why you would like to
participate. Please note that the number of participants is limited.
Also, note that the time is very short - we need your application at the
very latest by noon, Thursday 16 January.

The course is given in collaboration with Science for Life Laboratory
and the national infrastructure in next-generation sequencing, SNISS.
Lectures and computer exercises are held at the AlbaNova and
SciLifeLab Stockholm campuses.

Welcome with your application! (We're very sorry for the late notice).

Lars Arvestad (lars.arvestad at scilifelab.se),
Lukas Käll (lukas.kall at scilifelab.se),
Olof Emanuelsson (olof.emanuelsson at scilifelab.se)

Olof Emanuelsson