[SocBiN] The Dual Benefit of Bioinformatics Training – Empowering Life Scientists and freeing more time for your research

Erik Bongcam-Rudloff Erik.Bongcam at slu.se
Fri Jul 11 13:26:06 CEST 2014

Dear colleagues,

Besides our work in research, many of us are also involved (in greater or lesser extent) in helping out / training / collaborating with our colleague researchers in the life sciences.

We are organising a one-day workshop on on 7 September 2014, as a satellite event of ECCB'14 in Strasbourg, France, entitled:

The Dual Benefit of Bioinformatics Training – Empowering Life Scientists and freeing more time for your research

The workshop will be a forum to hear from the bioinformaticians themselves about their experiences and perspectives in “helping” life scientists in their bioinformatics tasks, being asked to collaborate or do the actual analysis for projects. How do they cope with this challenge (both time-wise and content-wise)?
Are there best approaches, methodologies and even further existing materials and efforts that we can use, share and expand to tackle several of these topics and challenges, some of which are probably shared across many Institutes and groups worldwide?

We invite you to share your experiences with us and encourage you to send in an abstract for a talk.
We will be receiving abstracts for talk contributions until August 1.
You will find all the information about this workshop at: http://www.eccb14.org/program/workshops/dbbt.

We are looking forward to meet several of you at the workshop and/or at ECCB!

Best regards

Celia van Gelder (NL)

Also on behalf of:
Patricia Palagi (CH)