[SocBiN] Symposium on protein structure prediction in Stockholm in June

Marcin J. Skwark marcin at skwark.pl
Thu Apr 16 09:22:05 CEST 2015

Dear colleagues,

On June 8-9, 2015 Stockholm University, Royal Institute of Technology and
Aalto University organize a symposium on solving the protein folding
problem by direct coupling analysis and next-generation sequencing.

This symposium is a forum for the discussion of all the aspects of the
recent developments in the protein structure prediction field, with
particular emphasis on the emerging techniques for predicting contacts
between aminoacids based on large multiple sequence alignments of
evolutionarily related proteins.

Confirmed speakers include researchers from Swedish and Finnish
universities working on the related topics, as well as keynotes by Martin
Weigt (Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris) and David T. Jones
(University College London).

The symposium registration fee is 500 SEK, which covers the cost of a
dinner.

The event will take place on the Karolinska Institute campus and in Science
for Life Laboratory in Stockholm (Solna), Sweden.

*We invite the applicants to submit abstracts for posters and/or oral
presentations. *We will refund the registration fee for the authors of
abstracts selected for oral presentation.

More information and registration form are available at
http://symposium.aurell.org

On behalf of organizing committee,
Marcin J. Skwark
Aalto University