[SocBiN] PhD position in structural bioinformatics / molecular simulations, Bergen, Norway

Nathalie Reuter nathalie.reuter at cbu.uib.no
Mon Jun 1 15:17:08 CEST 2015

A 4-years PhD position is available in the Reuter group
(http://www.uib.no/en/rg/reuter), starting from early September 2015.
The project aims at characterizing families of enzymes involved in
post-translational modifications, their structure-function relationship,
substrate specificity and dynamics/allostery using bioinformatics
approaches and molecular simulations. The project will primarily focus
on putative acetyltransferases. In silico predictions will be challenged
by in vitro experiments conducted in the NAT research group led by
Thomas Arnesen (www.uib.no/en/rg/nat <http://www.uib.no/en/rg/nat>).

We are looking for candidates with a solid background in
structural biology and in bioinformatics or molecular simulations , and
particularly interested in interdisciplinary collaborations. Candidates
with demonstrated experience in structural bioinformatics and/or
molecular modelling, and with good programming skills are preferred.

The fellowship position is for a fixed term of 4 years, of which 25%
will be dedicated to teaching duties. More information about the
position and about how to submit your application can be found here:
http://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/114284/research-fellow-phd-candidate-in-bioinformatics-molecular-modelling-re-advertisement

Proficiency in English is required.

Deadline for sending your application is June, 7th.

For more information about the position, please contact me at
Nathalie.Reuter at uib.no

---
Nathalie Reuter, Prof.
Computational Biology Unit &