[SocBiN] Job offer: Junior group leader in bioinformatics, in Krakow, Poland (Jagiellonian University – Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology)

Janusz Bujnicki iamb at genesilico.pl
Fri Dec 9 22:15:38 CET 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward this announcement to all postdocs who may be looking for
their first independent group leader position in computational biology /
bioinformatics.

I know MCB, and I recommend it. It is a young institution within one of
the oldest universities in Europe, located in a new campus, with
international PIs, it is vibrant, and developing quickly.
And Krakow is of course the most beautiful city in Poland :-)

I would apply myself if I were much younger :-)

Best regards,
Janusz

-------------

Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology is seeking a talented and dynamic
scientist early in his/her career to establish a research group in the
field of computational biology/bioinformatics.

Title
Computational biology Group Leader

Requirements
Ph.D in computational biology or bioinformatics
An excellent track record of scientific publications
Excellent written and oral communication in English, presentation skills

Desirable: diverse experience in international, interdisciplinary, and
collaborative environment, experience with grant/fellowship
applications, project management and supervision of junior researchers

Responsibilities
Implementing excellent research, leading MCB’s bioinformatics facility
staff and managing its computational infrastructure.

Opportunities
The Team Leader will have the opportunity to develop an innovative
research program in their own scientific area of interest and
additionally will be expected to collaborate closely with other research
teams at the MCB, in the fields of genomics, biochemistry, biotechnology
and structural biology, in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary
environment. We offer salary commensurate with experience. In addition,
two PhD scholarships and ½ position for technician financed from the MCB
budget will be at the disposal of the team leader.

Applications
Deadline for application is 10th January 2017
  Applications should be submitted in the pdf format (max size: 50 MB)
by email to beata.binieda at uj.edu.pl Include “Computational Biology Group
Leader” and your first and last names in the email subject.

Applications should include: a curriculum vitae, copies of three most
important papers, a short description of one key achievement (up to 1
page), a statement of research interests and a research proposal that
takes into account potential collaborations at the MCB (up to 2 pages),
and contact details of at least two potential referees
.
The application must contain the following statement: „In accordance
with the personal data protection act from 29th August 1997, I hereby
agree to process and to store my personal data by the Institution for
recruitment purposes”.

Contact info
e-mail: mcb at uj.edu.pl

Links to Naturejobs.com: