[SocBiN] Course announcement - Analysis of data from high-throughput molecular biology experiments NB! short notice!

Olof Emanuelsson olofem at kth.se
Mon Jan 11 15:14:00 CET 2016

Dear SocBiN, Dear SciLifeLab,

We, Lars Arvestad, Lukas Käll, and Olof Emanuelsson at KTH, will give a course
named "Analysis of data from high-throughput molecular biology experiments"
7.5hp, course code BB2490, starting 20 January 2016 and finishing 18 March.
The course starts really soon, but we have some seats left!
The course will cover how to analyze (i) massively parallel sequencing data
(e.g., assembly, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq) and (ii) mass spectrometry data (e.g.,
peptide identification and quantification, post-translational modifications).

There are 11 lectures, 4 computer exercises, 3 seminars, and one project.  The
project is done in groups of 3 students, with real data and the results will
be presented in poster format at a "poster session" towards the end of the
course. We require student presence and active participation at most events.
Most of the activities will take place at the KTH-AlbaNova campus. The
official course plan is available here:
http://www.kth.se/student/kurser/kurs/BB2490?l=en_UK
If you're interested in taking this course, first talk to your supervisor to
find out if it fits into your course package, and then email a short
motivation (absolutely max 1/2 A4 page) of why you would like to participate.
Please note that the number of participants is limited. Please email your
application to olofem at kth.se as soon as possible (and at the very latest by
noon Tuesday 19 January).
This is the sixth time this course is given, and you may very well have a
course alumnus in your vicinity. The course is given by School of
Biotechnology at KTH in collaboration with Science for Life Laboratory and
NGI, National Genomics Infrastructure.

Welcome with your application!

Lars Arvestad (lars.arvestad at scilifelab.se),
Olof Emanuelsson (olofem at kth.se),
Lukas Käll (lukas.kall at scilifelab.se)
PS the course will also most likely be given towards the end of 2016 as well
(October 2016-January 2017)