[SocBiN] PhD Fellowship in RNA Bioinformatics [Deadline: 24-07-2016]

Ferhat Alkan ferro at rth.dk
Wed Jul 20 11:46:16 CEST 2016

Dear all,

Open PhD fellowship position in RNA bioinformatics is available at
Center for non-coding RNA in Technology and Health, University of
Copenhagen, Denmark.

Closing date for applications: 24 July 2016. For further details please
see the mail below.

Best wishes,
Ferhat Alkan

Dear Colleagues,

We have an open 3-year PhD Fellowship position in RNA  Bioinformatics
and we are looking for a person to join our team from 1^st September
2016 or sooner. The application deadline is until **24-07-2016**.

**

*Background*

Cell factories are based on organisms, which have been carefully
optimized to produce protein-based products such as enzymes and
pharmaceutical proteins with the highest possible yield. However,
current technology is saturated with respect to yield improvement
although the theoretical maximum has not been reached yet. Within the
NextProd project, the goal is to improve the yield by manipulating
ncRNAs. See more at http://nextprod.dk

*Specific Job description*

Comprehensive annotation for noncoding and structured RNA on the
bacillus gene is to be made from transcriptome data as well as from
genomic data. In addition the include RNA interaction predictions and
data when relevant. Pipeline that encompass known tools will be made.
The pipeline will further include developing tools for integrating RNA
structure probing data in the RNA structure annotation. Furthermore, the
work will involve transcriptome and expression analyses. ncRNA RNA
annotation and transcriptome analysis.

The full posting and online application procedure, can be found on:
http://employment.ku.dk/phd/?show=829901

Best wishes,

Betina

PS Please pass this email on to qualified students and people who can
distribute it further.

/--/

/Betina Wingreen Jensen/

/Scientific and Administrative Coordinator/

/Center for non-coding RNA in Technology and Health/

/Department of Veterinary Clinical and Medical Sciences/

/University of Copenhagen/

/Groennegaardsvej 3/

/1870 Frederiksberg C/

/Denmark/