[SocBiN] Fwd: Two postdoctoral positions

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Sun Jun 12 17:58:39 CEST 2016

From: "Charlotte Deane" <deane at stats.ox.ac.uk>
Date: 12 Jun 2016 14:32
Subject: Two postdoctoral positions
To: "Charlotte Deane" <deane at stats.ox.ac.uk>

> Dear all,
>

> I am writing to let you know that I am currently advertising for two
Postdoctoral positions in Structural Bioinformatics.

> One post will focus on how protein structure prediction could benefit
from incorporating information about the biological environment and process
of production of proteins in the cell. We aim to both increase our
understanding of the natural process of protein folding and identify which
parts of the process can most easily and most beneficially be incorporated
into protein structure prediction.

https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=10&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=123543

> The second will focus on the development and application of novel methods
in structure-based modelling and bioinformatics, with a particular interest
in protein structure flexibility. The successful applicant will also be an
Associate Director of the EPSRC and MRC Systems Approaches to Biomedical
Sciences Centre for Doctoral Training (SABS-CDT). The SABS-CDT is an open
collaboration between Oxford and 16 partner organisations (currently
AstraZeneca, Diamond Light Source, e-Therapeutics, Evotec, GE Healthcare,
GlaxoSmithKline, Hoffmann La Roche, InhibOx, Lilly UK, MedImmune, Moffitt
Cancer Center, Novartis, Pfizer, Sharp, Structural Genomics Consortium and
UCB).

https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=10&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=123794

> Please feel free to send this onto colleagues or associates who may be
interested in either post.  The closing date for applications for both
posts is 12.00 noon (UK Time) on Monday 18th July 2016.

> Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
>

> Best wishes
>

> Charlotte
>

> Professor Charlotte Deane

> Professor of Structural Bioinformatics & Head of Department,
>
> Department of Statistics University of Oxford, 24-29 St Giles', Oxford,
OX1 3LB