[SocBiN] A call for post-doctoral fellowships in Poland - an offer of a project in structural bioinformatics of RNA

Janusz Bujnicki iamb at genesilico.pl
Wed May 4 09:01:29 CEST 2016

Dear All,

Polish funding agency NCN announced a new call for postdoctoral
fellowships POLONEZ to be carried out in Poland, and I am looking for
prospective candidates interested in applying to this funding scheme to
carry out work in my lab.

Please forward this announcement to anybody who may be interested.

### an opportunity for postdoctoral researchers ###
### interested in RNA structural bioinformatics ###

I am looking for postdoctoral candidates interested in structural
bioinformatics and RNA, either in developing new methods/programs (in
particular for modeling and designing/engineering RNA structure and
protein-RNA complexes) or in biological data analysis (with the focus on
RNA evolution), and motivated to develop a career in an
interdisciplinary team, in collaboration between theoreticians and
experimentalists.
I am particulaly interested in candidates willing to apply for the
POLONEZ senior postoctoral fellowship
(https://www.ncn.gov.pl/polonez?language=en) or to another similar
funding scheme.

The funding in POLONEZ is for incoming researchers (foreigners or Poles
who spent at least 24 months outside Poland in the last 3 years), who
may apply for 12- or 24-month fellowships in host institutions in Poland
- in this case I am offering my lab and an opportunity to carry out a
project aligned with the research in my group.

A successful application will be considered as step towards
independence: the POLONEZ grant holder will be supported towards an
independent PI position in the next step of their career.

Funding:
- Salary (incl. mobility allowance): € 4350 gross/month (full time
contract),
- Family allowance: € 300 gross/month (for fellows whose families stay
in Poland for at least 3 months),
- Research grant,
- Opportunity to participate in research and non-research training
programs organized by the NCN.

CALL DEADLINE: 15 June 2016
CALL RESULTS: November 2016

For more information about the grant program please see the NCN website:
https://www.ncn.gov.pl/polonez?language=en

About my group:
• We combine basic science (to answer fundamental scientific questions)
and applied science (to make the discoveries practically useful). In our
team, software developers meet with experimental biologists, and
high-throughput data analysis combines with sophisticated studies of
individual biomacromolecules. Examples of our recent activities include
the development of methods for RNA 3D structure modeling SimRNA and
ModeRNA, and engineering of RNases that cleave RNA
sequence-specifically. More information: http://genesilico.pl
• We are hosted by IIMCB (http://iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+)
Polish research institute in biology. The institute provides
cutting-edge equipment and facilities, in particular for bioinformatics
(e.g. a computing cluster with >2000 cores), experimental molecular
biology, and structural biology.

Candidates accepted to apply to carry out their project in my lab in
IIMCB will be supported by the grants office in IIMCB in all steps of
the preparation of the POLONEZ grant proposal, and of course I would be
very happy to work out a join scientific project.

Prospective candidates interested in applying to POLONEZ (and maybe also
other funding programs) are encouraged to make informal inquiries with
me at iamb at genesilico.pl

Best regards,
Janusz Bujnicki

--
__________________________________
Janusz M. Bujnicki, PhD, Professor
Email: iamb at genesilico.pl

Head,
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
Trojdena 4, 02-109 Warsaw, POLAND
tel: +48-22 597 0750
fax: +48 22 597 0715
http://iimcb.genesilico.pl

Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Faculty of Biology
Adam Mickiewicz University
Umultowska 89, 61-614 Poznan, POLAND
tel: +48 61 829 5839