[SocBiN] Postdoc in bioinformatics at BRIC, University of Copenhagen with long stay at Harvard University

Albin Sandelin albin at binf.ku.dk
Fri Jan 13 10:59:24 CET 2017

Dear all,
Please share this exciting postdoc opportunity in my collaborators group here in Copenhagen

http://jobportal.ku.dk/videnskabelige-stillinger/?show=882958 <http://jobportal.ku.dk/videnskabelige-stillinger/?show=882958>

Our research/The group

The project will be done in the lab of Dr. Konstantin Khodosevich at University of Copenhagen. Our lab is interested in brain development and how developmental mechanisms could be employed in brain regeneration. In particular, we are interested in neuronal differentiation and maturation during brain development in terms of gene expression, functional properties and connectivity.

The research project
The hired postdoc will work mainly on single cell and bulk transcriptomics analysis of neurons during brain development in normal and disordered human brains and in mouse models. The project will be conducted in collaboration with the lab of Dr. Peter Kharchenko, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Harvard Medical School. Thus, the hired postdoc will work in close contact with experts in analysis of single cell transcriptomics and will be expected to stay at Harvard for a part of the project (duration of stay(s) is by agreement).

Start: Preferably from the 1st of March 2017 or after agreement.
Duration: 3 years with possible prolongation for 1 more year

Qualifications
We expect you to be a highly motivated and highly ambitious scientist with the following qualifications:

A PhD in Computational Biology, preferably with connection to Neuroscience
Documented experience in gene expression analysis using RNAseq
Knowledge of programming
Excellent English skills written and spoken
Previous experience in single cell transcriptomics will be considered as advantage

Albin Sandelin
Professor, PhD
Section for Computational and RNA Biology, Department of Biology & Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, Copenhagen University
Ole Maaloes Vej 5, DK2200, Copenhagen N, Denmark

tel +45 224 56668
albin at binf.ku.dk
skype: albinsan
twitter: @albin_san