[SocBiN] Second ICCMg - Geneva October 19-20, SUMMER DISCOUNT!

Etienne Ruppé etienne.ruppe at genomic.ch
Thu Jul 13 10:34:51 CEST 2017

Dear SocBin members,
we will hold the second ICCMg next October 19-20 in Geneva (Switzerland). The program is now almost finalized, with the following speakers:

**Laurent Farinelli**: From yesterday to tomorrow: past, present and future of sequencing technologies
**Alice McHardy**: Critical Assessment of Metagenome Interpretation
**Philippe Lemercier**: On the importance of databases
**Pascale Beurdeley**: Experience of the first NGS IVD marked test
**Steve Miller**: Experience from an academic: QC in clinical metagenomics pipeline
**Charles Chiu**: Clinical metagenomics: experience from real life
**Stéphane Emonet**: Clinical metagenomics of infective endocarditis
**Christophe Rodriguez**: Clinical metagenomics of dermohypodermitis
**Rita Colwel****l**: Title TBD
**Gautam Dantas**: Understanding and Combatting Resistome Exchange Across Commensal, Environmental, and Pathogenic Microbes
**Matthew Ellington**: Wrap up of the NGS/EUCAST consultation
**Robin Patel**: Clinical metagenomics in bone and joint infections
**Katarzina Schmidt**: Nanopore sequencing of urine samples
**Oluf Pedersen**: So what? Clinical impact of microbiome studies

>From now on, we will hold a **summer discount**: the conference dinner (in the prestigious Vieux-Bois Restaurant, neigbouring the UN building) **is offered if you register before August 31.**
Please also remember that **abstracts **(for poster and oral presentations) are welcome, and that a **1000CHF prize** will be awarded to the best abstract. An ASM prize will also reward the best poster.
All the information are available at [www.clinicalmetagenomics.org](http://www.clinicalmetagenomics.org/)

Hope to see you in Geneva next October!

Best

Etienne