[SocBiN] Call for new Software Carpentry workshop locations in the Nordic countries

Lex Nederbragt lex.nederbragt at ibv.uio.no
Fri Jan 26 12:56:39 CET 2018

Hi,

We are looking for universities in the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) that are interested in hosting their first (!) Software Carpentry workshop <https://software-carpentry.org/workshops/> in the spring of 2018. We will apply for funds from the Nordic e-Infrastructure Collaboration (NeIC) available from their open call <https://neic.no/training/course-mobility/> for course mobility proposals.

We will apply for funds that cover these costs for four workshops:
Costs for the travel and lodging for two instructors, these will be recruited from the Nordic countries
The Software Carpentry workshop fee

What are we looking for:
Universities that have not yet hosted a Software Carpentry workshop (check out the maps of past <https://software-carpentry.org/workshops/past/> and upcoming <https://software-carpentry.org/workshops/> workshops)
A person willing to be the local contact person taking care of
Finding a suitable room
Finding 3 or 4 helpers (local helpers to assist the learners, answer questions etc)
Announcing the workshop through appropriate channels
Helping the instructors with arranging travel and lodging

Software Carpentry will take care of workshop registration and instructor recruitment.

Interested in hosting a workshop? Please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/h2RLzV5a4vgRw6AM2 <https://goo.gl/forms/h2RLzV5a4vgRw6AM2>.

Questions? Contact me at lex.nederbragt at ibv.uio.no <mailto:lex.nederbragt at ibv.uio.no>
Regards,

	Lex Nederbragt (University of Oslo)

Disclaimer: I am a member of The Carpentries Executive Committee, but I am not writing this proposal in that capacity.

--
Lex Nederbragt
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
Email lex.nederbragt at ibv.uio.no
http://flxlex.flavors.me/ <http://flxlex.flavors.me/>