[SocBiN] Postdoc fellow at UppsalaU: Host Adaptation in Bacteria / Metagenomics

Lionel Guy lionel.guy at imbim.uu.se
Fri Jun 15 09:48:50 CEST 2018

I am recruiting a new postdoc fellow:

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW IN EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY, BIOINFORMATICS

PROJECT
Our group is studying the evolution of host-adaptation in bacteria. We are currently focusing on the Legionellales order, which contains representatives at several stages of host adaptation. We are gathering a number of novel genomes through extended sampling, metagenomics and data mining. The goal of this project is to extend the current dataset, analyze it, to shed light on the evolution of Legionellales in particular, and on the evolutionary transitions in host adaptation in general.

FORM
One-year post-doctoral fellowship (SEK 288 000, circa USD 34 000, per annum); extension for a second year available. Candidates who are employees of Uppsala University, or have been in the two years before the start of the fellowship, are not eligible.

Starting date: to be discussed.

BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A PhD in evolutionary biology, molecular evolution, microbiology or related topic.
- Experience with high-throughput sequencing data, metagenomics, comparative genomics, and molecular evolution tools.
- A documented experience of team work and collaborative projects.

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience.

APPLICATION
To be sent by email to lionel.guy at imbim.uu.se, latest on June 30th, 2018. Applications (in one single document) should include:
- Letter of motivation
- Resume
- Publication list
- Names and contact information of two references or two letters of reference.

HOST INSTITUTION
The group is located at the Department of Medical Biochemistry Microbiology, Uppsala University. The host department is a very strong and stimulating research environment, counting over 250 researchers in over 30 groups, and is conducting world-leading research in antibiotic resistance.

Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 40,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.5 billion.

CONTACT
Lionel Guy, M: lionel.guy at imbim.uu.se, P: +46 18 471 42 46, W: http://www.imbim.uu.se/research-groups/infections-and-defences/guy-lionel/

--
Lionel Guy
Department for Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
lionel.guy at imbim.uu.se
--
Lionel Guy
Department for Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
phone: +46 18 471 4246; mobile +46 73 976 0618; Skype: lionelguy; postal address: Box 582, SE-751 23 Uppsala; visiting address: BMC D7:308b, Husargatan 3, SE-752 37 Uppsala
lionel.guy at imbim.uu.se

När du har kontakt med oss på Uppsala universitet med e-post så innebär det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur vi gör det kan du läsa här: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/