[SocBiN] PostDoc, PhD student, and developer positions in Taiwan

Torbjörn Nordling tn at kth.se
Tue Mar 6 15:49:00 CET 2018

Hello,

At the Nordling Lab, National Cheng Kung University, we recently got a
large 4-year grant to study human learning and cognitive development, in
order to develop new learning methods for artificial neural networks
(ANNs) and do early detection of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). We are
currently building smart toys, containing sensors and actuators, that
enable us to record longitudinal data on how children interact with the
toy and thus study development of the sensorimotor function. We plan to
obtain data almost daily, following each child from roughly 3-months
until 3-years of age. We plan to use system identification techniques to
derive dynamical models within the dynamical systems theory framework
and Deep learning to train neural networks within the connectionist
framework as models for explaining cognitive development. We believe
these models will shed new insights into human learning and development.
Today a human can from a single example learn what it takes an ANN
thousands or millions of examples. Through bio-mimicking, we plan to
create a more data efficient method for training ANNs and do early
detection of AD from the scarce labelled data that exists.

Because of this project and grant, we are now looking to recruit a few
PhD students, a PostDoc, and a few developers. I would therefore greatly
appreciate if you could help pass on this message to suitable
candidates. For more information about this opportunity to do a PhD in
Artificial intelligence/Automatic control, please see
https://goo.gl/Fupkq4 and about the PostDoc position in
Neuroscience/Development psychology/Artificial intelligence, please see
https://goo.gl/tS1rVq, the DevOps position, please see
https://goo.gl/eXXCka, the Web developer position, please see
https://goo.gl/1C55U4, and the App developer position, please see
https://goo.gl/4bDb4q. Tainan is a warm tropical city with friendly
people and good food.

Best wishes,
Torbjörn

--
Torbjörn Nordling, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University
No. 1 University Road, Tainan 70101, Taiwan

Phone: +886 (0)6 275 7575 Ext. 62164
Fax: +886 (0)6 235 2973
Email: t at nordlinglab.org
Web: www.nordlinglab.org