[SocBiN] Postdoc and PhD student position in machine learning andcomputational biology at FIMM, Helsinki

Esa Pitkänen epitkane at cs.helsinki.fi
Tue Apr 23 15:25:55 CEST 2019

Dear all,

there is a postdoc and PhD student position in computational biology and
machine learning open in my group at the Institute of Molecular Medicine
Finland (FIMM), University of Helsinki.

The group will start at FIMM in July 2019, and will address data
integration, analysis and interpretation challenges stemming from
massive-scale data generated in clinical and research settings. We will
work closely with interdisciplinary collaborators at University of
Helsinki, Helsinki University Hospital, EMBL and German Cancer Research
Center.

Specific application areas include hematological diseases, and diseases
where somatic mutagenesis has a central role, such as cancer. Research
projects include multimodal learning from clinical sequencing and
imaging data utilizing techniques of deep learning, aiming to create
methods which are useful in clinical practice.

For more information, please contact Dr. Esa Pitkänen
(esa.pitkanen at helsinki.fi), or visit
-
https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-positions/postdoctoral-researcher-in-machine-learning-and-computational-biology
-