[SocBiN] Fwd: FW: EMBL Lautenschläger Summer School “Talents teach talents” summer school

mahogny at areta.org mahogny at areta.org
Fri Mar 8 10:48:45 CET 2019

Hi guys! Below might be of interest

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to inform you about an opportunity for undergraduate
students to take part in a summer school between 15-26 July in
Heidelberg.

The summer school is aiming to provide insightful and hands-on
experience in current biology methods, such as building a high-speed
microscope to image developing organisms, and using machine learning to
extract insightful data from the resulting complex images.

Please note that we are targeting advanced Bachelor and Master students
from Physics, Engineering or Maths and Computer science.

The fee is 200 EUR, but can be waived under certain conditions, as well
as there are travel grants available. There are 20 places available at
the summer school, for students from all around Europe and beyond.

Therefore, I would kindly ask you to distribute this information to
whomever you deem appropriate. If you or your contacts know particularly
talented students from the Nordic countries who would fit this profile,
please encourage them to apply, and do let me know about this. I can
bring their application to the attention of the organizers.

More info about the summer school:
https://www.embl.de/training/undergraduates/summer_school/2019/index.html
[1]

If you have any questions, please contact:  undergraduates at embl.de

Best wishes,

Plamena

PLAMENA MARKOVA LL.M.

Joint Head of Government and EU Relations

International Relations EMBL

Tel: +496221 387 - 8681

Meyerhofstr.1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.embl.de/training/undergraduates/summer_school/2019/index.html