[Drand] updated recommendations covid-19 (corona virus).

Jan Conrad conrad at fysik.su.se
Sat Feb 29 17:55:15 CET 2020

Dear all,

  as the corona virus has reached Europe SU has updated the
recommendations with respect to how to handle work related travel and
colleagues that have been visiting areas that are affected.

https://www.su.se/english/about/news-and-events/information-for-students-and-staff-about-the-coronavirus-1.483182

The main points of these recommendations are:

- Business trips to Iran and China are not allowed at present.
- Colleagues that have recently been visiting affected areas will be
given the possibility to work/study from home for a period of two weeks
after arriving in Sweden in consultation with the respective head/course
responsible.

The affected areas are currently:

    * Hubei province, or other provinces on Chinese mainland where the
      spreading of infection is ongoing
    * The Italian regions: Lombardy, Piedmont, Emilia-Romagna and
      Veneto  (i.e. northern Italy).
    * Iran
    * South Korea

At Fysikum, as I think a large part of our work be carried out rather
efficiently remotely  and given information I got on how other countries
and companies handle this situation,  I  would like to instruct
following policy:

- Colleagues that have been visiting the above mentioned areas should
work from home for the recommended period of two weeks.
I expect you to inform me and your immediate supervisor.  If you show
symptoms  (see links included in above web page) you need to contact
health services via the telephone number: 1177.

- In addition to Iran and China, business trips to the other named
locations (South Korea and Northern Italy) should be postponed or cancelled.

- Given the volatility of the situation, business travel elsewhere
should (a) follow the advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and  the
Public Health Service, (b) the host universities policies (which are
commonly more restrictive than SUs) and (c) the airlines recommendations
(booked via Egencia). One should in general be restrictive and only do
business travel whose purpose can not be achieved by other forms of
meeting (this is also SUs central recommendation).

You are of course welcome to discuss with me at any time.

The situation with respect to the virus is rather volatile and I will
dicuss updates to this policy continously  with the management group of
Fysikum.

Best regards,
Jan