[Drand] VB: Available positions on central level and information from SFS-DK about the Alien Act

Nadia Flodgren nadia.flodgren at fysik.su.se
Fri Dec 10 10:41:56 CET 2021

________________________________
Från: Phdcouncil-at-fysik.su.se <phdcouncil-at-fysik.su.se-bounces at lists.su.se> för Jenny Wirén <jenny.wiren at sus.su.se>
Skickat: den 10 december 2021 10:35
Till: phdcouncil at fysik.su.se
Ämne: [phdcouncil] Available positions on central level and information from SFS-DK about the Alien Act

Hej PhD student Councils,

Two things I would like to share with you:

First I would like to remind you that the central PhD student council will have their annual meeting on the 20th of December where the board will elect representative to several groups at central level that prepare decisions that affect PhD student throughout the university.

All of the positions are important but I would like to emphasize the importance of having PhD student representatives in REBUS, Arbetsgivar- och medarbetarutskottet (Am-committee) and Beredning för utbildning på forskarnivå, BUF (area of human science). These positions are now without representation from PhD students which means that no one can speak for PhD students when it comes to preparing decisions on work environment and how to develop the PhD education on a central and area level.

The positions are open for all PhD students and demands no prior experience. If you or someone in your department are interested in applying for a position then get in contact with me at jenny.wiren at sus.su.se<mailto:jenny.wiren at sus.su.se>

Here is an ad that can be spread to other PhD students

Are you interested in influencing education for PhD students at the central or area level?

On the 20/12, the Central PhD student Council, CDR will have their annual meeting and they will then elect new PhD student representatives to several bodies at central and area level. These are important groups that prepare decisions that affect PhD students throughout the university. The following groups need representatives:

-                                   Arbetsgivar- och medarbetarutskottet, Am-committee

-                                   Budgetberedningen Humanvetenskapliga området

-                                   Beredning för utbildning på forskarnivå, BUF (area of human science)

-                                   Områdesnämnden Humanvetenskapliga området, ON (area of human science)

-                                   Rektors beredning för utbildningsutvärdering och system för kvalitetssäkring, REBUS

-                                   Utbildning- och studentutskottet, US- committee

Through a representation assignment, you get the opportunity to:

-                                   2 days + one day extension per meeting. For particularly time-consuming assignments, where the meeting time can amount to 4 hours or longer, a doctoral student can be replaced with a 2-day extension per meeting. The main rule is always that the extension must correspond to the work effort that the assignment requires.

-                                   Gain credentials and experience for a future professional life

-                                   Influence your and other PhD students education

This year you can also apply for the role as Chair of the Central PhD student council. The position as chair in CDR does not require that you are an elected member of any other board such as the faculty board. However, it is meritorious if you have experience of working within a board.

This positions gives you the opportunity to:

-                          Have a key role in driving change and making sure that PhD students’ situation are being raised on a central level.

-                          A 40-day extension/year (See further Rules for education and examination at doctoral level p.26)