[Drand] VB: Scientific Fika – Friday May 13th 4:00pm Hybrid Room Mega – Nikki “What is H0?”

Nadia Flodgren nadia.flodgren at fysik.su.se
Mon May 9 10:25:32 CEST 2022

________________________________
Från: Jérémy Vachier
Skickat: den 9 maj 2022 10:24
Till: postdocs at nordita.org; students at nordita.org; okc-all at albanova.se; condmat at physics.kth.se
Ämne: Scientific Fika – Friday May 13th 4:00pm Hybrid Room Mega – Nikki “What is H0?”

Dear Juniors,

It is a great pleasure to announce that on Friday, May 13th at 4:00pm, Nikki will talk about “What is H0?”.

Abstract: Join me to solve one of the biggest disputes in modern cosmology: the Hubble tension. Is the value of the Hubble constant (H0) 73, as the analysis of Cepheids and supernovae indicates, or 67, as inferred from the Cosmic Microwave Background radiation? To resolve this debate, we need a new, independent way of calculating H0. In the upcoming scientific fika talk, I will highlight gravitational lensing as a good candidate for this purpose. I will start by introducing lensed quasars and discuss their contributions to the field so far. Then, I will shift the focus to another type of probe that is up-and-coming and highly promising: lensed supernovae.

Please put this date in your calendar and come to discuss interesting science.

Zoom link:
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/68149127828
Launch Meeting - Zoom<https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/68149127828>
stockholmuniversity.zoom.us
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Room Mega

Have a nice day,
Best regards,
Nadia, Jeremy and Guilherme