[Drand] Spring Meeting of the PhD Council

Nadia Flodgren nadia.flodgren at fysik.su.se
Mon May 16 12:24:50 CEST 2022

Dear PhD students at Fysikum,

You are invited to the annual PhD Council Spring Meeting!
The PhD council Spring Meeting will be held on Tuesday 31 May at 15.00-17.00 in the Oscar Klein Auditorium at Albanova. Fika will be provided at the meeting during the break, and afterwards we will have a PhD pub with food, drinks and the possibility of buying alcohol (more information will follow soon). We encourgage you to attend the meeting in person, but for those who cannot we will attempt to make the meeting hybrid. The zoom-link will be sent out a few days before the meeting.

As a PhD student at Fysikum you are a member of the PhD Council. If you have no idea what we in the PhD Council Board do or how you can get involved, but you want to learn, please come to the meeting where we will explain all this! In short, our task is to make sure the interests of PhD students are represented and considered at Fysikum!

At the Spring Meeting, we elect PhD student representatives for the PhD Council Board and Presidium, the Fysikum board and the committees at Fysikum. We also report on the activities of the PhD Council Board over the last year. The positions we elect for are seen in the list below and in the attached preliminary agenda. We elect for all the positions, but a few key positions that we really need to fill are: vice-chair of the PhD Council Board and cashier for the PhD Council Board. It is important that we have representatives from all the departments at Fysikum in the Council Board. Also, some committees have Swedish as their operating language, therefore we need Swedish speaking representatives for these. You can nominate yourself for one or several positions at the meeting.

Please find attached the preliminary agenda for the meeting (which includes a list of  the positions up for election), the last meeting's minutes and information on prolongation for each position.

Please let me know if you want to add anything to the agenda. If you cannot attend the meeting but have an issue you want the council to discuss you can send me an email.

If you cannot attend this meeting and want to nominate someone (including yourself) to a position, or if you want to continue your current position, please send me an email: nadia.flodgren at fysik.su.se.

The meeting is coorganized with SUS.

Welcome!

Best regards,

Nadia Flodgren, chair of the PhD student council

List of positions up for election:
Positions (operating language) [prolongation days]:

Regarding prolongation: ordinary members get the number stated in [prolongation days], secondary members only attend meetings the ordinary member cannot attend and only get 1 day per meeting attended. The n stands for n=number of meetings attended.

PhD Council Board: (English)

Presiduium:
- 1 Chair, [15 days/year]
- 1 Vice-chair [10 days/year]

Ordinary members:
- 7 Ordinary members [2+n days/year (n= number of meetings attended)]

Treasury:
- 1 Cashier, [2+n days/year]
- 2 Revisors (do not need to be on the board)

Fysikum Board: (Swedish)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secodary positions  [2+n days/year]
(- The chair is automatically an ordinary member and the vice-chair a secondary member)

Research Education Committee: (English)
- 3 ordinary + 3 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

Basic Education Committee: (Swedish)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

Committee for Research Strategy: (Swedish with some English)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

Committee for Equal Opportunities: (English)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

Committee for the Working Environment: (Swedish with English recaps)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

Budget committee: (Swedish with English recaps)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

Computer committee: (English)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

PR committee: (English)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]

Technical division committee: (English)
- 2 ordinary + 2 secondary positions [1+ (n/2) days/year]