[Drand] Scientific Fika 02/12 – Michael Kopp - 'Interpretations of Quantum Mechanics'

Nikki Arendse nikki.arendse at fysik.su.se
Mon Nov 28 17:23:42 CET 2022

Dear Juniors,

In order to improve the Scientific Fika in the future, we ask you to please fill out this short survey:
https://forms.gle/MUhZyapJr5uZnfzs5

Join us on Friday the 2nd of December at 16:00 for a great talk by Michael and delicious Swedish pastries.

Michael Kopp

Interpretations of Quantum Mechanics
- and why to care

The physical meaning, or interpretation, of the formalism of quantum physics is still debated a century after its conception. I review some of these interpretations, and how they address the measurement problem and Bell’s theorem. I argue that non-uniqueness of interpretations is common also in classical physics. What’s then so special about the interpretations of quantum mechanics? Come to the scientific fika to find out and discuss!

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Room Mega (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12
Please put this date in your calendar and come to discuss interesting science.

We're looking forward to seeing you!
Nadia, Guilherme and Nikki