[Drand] ScientiFika 26/01 – Beyond Academia: Rahman Amandius - 'Data science & machine learning in industry'

Nikki Arendse nikki.arendse at fysik.su.se
Fri Jan 26 10:58:13 CET 2024

Dear Juniors, this is a reminder of the ScientiFika today at 16:00 at Nordita. Rahman Amandius will talk about data science and machine learning in industry.

Do you want to give a talk at an upcoming ScientiFika event? Sign up here: https://forms.gle/wM6k22asgLjRrXhX7

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Fika area (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12

We hope to see you there!
Nadia, Guilherme and Nikki

________________________________
It is my pleasure to announce this week's ScientiFika. Join us on Friday the 26th of January at 16:00 for a talk and Q&A with Rahman Amandius, head of machine learning and data science at Voi.

This event is part of our Beyond Academia series, in which we explore career options for scientists outside of academia.

Do you want to present your research or any scientific topic of interest? We're still looking for speakers for the coming months! Sign up here: https://forms.gle/wM6k22asgLjRrXhX7

Rahman Amandius

Beyond Academia
Data science & machine learning in industry

After working as a postdoctoral researcher in supernova cosmology, Rahman Amandius switched to a career in industry. He is currently the head of machine learning and data science at Voi, a company that rents out electric scooters and bikes in more than 100 cities throughout Europe. Are you curious which skills are transferable from supernova explosions to electric scooters? What are the differences and similarities between working in academia and industry? And which algorithms lay behind the network of scooters and bikes that many of us use on a daily basis? Join us this Friday to ask Rahman all your questions about the transition from academia to industry!

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Fika area (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12

We're looking forward to seeing you!
Nadia, Guilherme and Nikki