[Drand] ScientiFika 19/04 – Open to everyone – Guilherme Franzmann - 'A quantum superposition between emergence and scientific realism'

Nikki Arendse nikki.arendse at fysik.su.se
Mon Apr 15 11:51:10 CEST 2024

Hello everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce this week's ScientiFika, which is open to everyone. Join us on Friday the 19th of April at 16:00 for delicious Swedish pastries and an interesting talk by Guilherme Franzmann. The topic is still in a quantum superposition, find out what it will be on Friday!

Guilherme Franzmann

|Title's wavefunction> =
|A tale of Emergence> + |Scientific Realism>

Meta-abstract: As I'm filling in this week's spot on short notice, the talk's title and content remain on a mental superposition between two states: a talk about emergence focussing both on spacetime emergence and the emergence of the classical world, and a talk about what is real from a scientific realist perspective. If we are lucky enough, the collapse of the talk's mental wavefunction will happen due to a measurement on a different basis, and a superposition of both topics will be discussed! Whatever happens, the plan is to make our heads spin!

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Fika area (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12
www.scientifika.se<http://www.scientifika.se/>

We're looking forward to seeing you!
The ScientiFika Team