[Astronomy seminar] I: [alla at astro.su.se] Astronomy seminar Friday 31/01: 10:30 FC61: Jes Jørgensen

Fri Jan 31 09:06:52 CET 2020

A reminder of today’s Astronomy seminar.

Arjan & Cristina

________________________________
Da: Alla-at-astro.su.se <alla-at-astro.su.se-bounces at lists.su.se> per conto di Arjan Bik <arjan.bik at astro.su.se>
Inviato: lunedì 27 gennaio 2020 10:40
Oggetto: [alla at astro.su.se] Astronomy seminar Friday 31/01: 10:30 FC61: Jes Jørgensen

Dear all,

On Friday the 31st of January, we have the next Astronomy seminar in room FC61 at 10:30.

Our speaker is Jes Jørgensen from the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen.

Title: The complex chemistry of young stars

Abstract:

The environments in which young stars form show a rich and varied chemistry. In fact, most of the molecules detected in the interstellar medium to date have first been found in these regions. These molecules range all the way from simple di- and tri-atomic species to complex organic molecules, some of them with ten atoms or more, that can be considered the starting points for eventual prebiotic chemistry. Recently the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) have opened new possibilities for studying this complex chemistry and, in particular, the link between the birth environments of individual stars and the conditions in their protoplanetary disks. Through such studies we hope to shed light on the origin of the physical and chemical diversity of emerging exoplanetary systems as well as the origin of our own Solar System.

https://www.albanova.se/event/astronomy-seminar-jes-jorgensen/

Upcoming events:
07/02 (Fri) @ 10:30: John  Airy (SU Science Education)
14/02 (Fri) @ 10:30: Per Calissendorff (PhD seminar)