[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy seminar via zoom, 12 February 10:30: Claudia P. Gutiérrez

Mon Feb 8 11:08:52 CET 2021

Dear all,

On Friday February 12 at 10:30 we will have the next Astronomy Seminar, remotely via zoom.

Our speaker is Claudia P. Gutiérrez from the Finnish Centre for Astronomy with ESO (FINCA), Finland.

Title: Hydrogen-rich supernovae: their explosion and progenitor properties.

Abstract: Hydrogen-rich supernovae (type II Supernovae; SNe II) are produced by the final explosions of massive stars (>8-10 Msun ), which retain a significant part of their hydrogen envelopes before the explosion. These SNe show a large diversity in their transient behaviour, which is likely determined by differences, not just in explosion properties, but also in the progenitor star characteristics. In this talk, I will present the current status of SNe II studies. I will focus on new results found with a sample of SNe II occurring within low-luminosity galaxies. I will also describe the challenges in the determination of the explosion and progenitor parameters for these objects.

https://www.albanova.se/event/claudia_gutierrez/

We will have the colloquium using zoom. You will find the invitation at the end of this email.

Some guidelines:

1) Join the session with your microphone muted.

2) When you have a question, press the “raise hand button” and wait till you are asked to ask your question.

3) The session will be online from 10:20, please join at least a few minutes early as we would like to start 10:30 sharp.

We hope to see all of you there!

Matthias & Janet

Upcoming events:
19/02: Iryna Kushniruk (Stockholm University)
26/02: Sheng Yang (Stockholm University)
05/03: SPORT LOV

Janet Ting-Wan Chen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Astronomy Seminar Claudia Gutierrez
Time: Feb 12, 2021 10:30 AM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/69394882509

Meeting ID: 693 9488 2509
One tap mobile
+46850500829,,69394882509# Sweden
+46850520017,,69394882509# Sweden

Dial by your location
        +46 8 5050 0829 Sweden
        +46 8 5052 0017 Sweden
        +46 850 539 728 Sweden
        +46 8 4468 2488 Sweden
        +46 8 5016 3827 Sweden
        +46 8 5050 0828 Sweden
Meeting ID: 693 9488 2509
Find your local number: https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/u/c3XRfEc4z

Join by SIP
69394882509 at 109.105.112.236<mailto:69394882509 at 109.105.112.236>
69394882509 at 109.105.112.235<mailto:69394882509 at 109.105.112.235>

Join by H.323
109.105.112.236
109.105.112.235
Meeting ID: 693 9488 2509