[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy Department Seminar - October 15th Carlos Jose Diaz Baso on Deep Learning

Tue Oct 12 14:08:41 CEST 2021

Dear all,

on Friday the 15th of October we will have an Astronomy seminar with our very own Carlos Jose Diaz Baso via Zoom at 10h30.

We also leave the Zoom session open after the questions, so that interested participants can stay and chat with the speaker in an informal way.

Title: Deep Learning in Solar Physics

During the last decade, deep learning has emerged as a powerful tool to analyze the relevant information from observations. By exploiting some symmetries and patterns they can be optimized to perform faster and sometimes better than conventional methods. In this talk, I will present some examples of how we have successfully applied deep learning to several problems in Solar Physics and highlight some results related to image deconvolution, parameter inference, and noise reduction in observational data.

Tine Libbrecht is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Friday Astronomy Seminar
Time: Oct 15, 2021 10:30 PM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/61958796856?pwd=RXQ5dXBXYnlKM0NtR3ZQRGxRUTF5dz09