[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy departmental seminar Friday April 26 at 10:30am - Dominique Petit (UNIGE)

Mon Apr 22 11:30:39 CEST 2024

Dear all,

The next SU astronomy departmental seminar will take place on Friday April 26 at 10:30am in room FC61 (AlbaNova building, 6th floor) and on zoom (https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62211269644?pwd=K0J2eVVMa3pTa1JVN2lyRUJPR3Rjdz09).
___________________

Speaker: Dominique Petit (UNIGE)
Title: Understanding exoplanets: characterisation in the optical and the infrared
Event: https://indico.fysik.su.se/e/dominique_petit

Abstract:
The characterisation of exoplanet atmospheres is the best way to understand them and learn about their environments and formation. The majority of this work has so far been done in the optical, but the infrared also offers a host of information. In this regard, JWST has opened a treasure trove on exoplanet atmospheres through both direct detections and indirect transit observations. In this talk I will discuss not only what we can do with JWST, but also the complementary nature of ground-based optical and infrared observations.

___________________

We look forward to seeing many of you there. Thanks!

Adur, Adélaïde, and Sanja

Upcoming Events:

2024-05-03 Gang Li
2024-05-08 Ivo (**Seminar on WEDNESDAY**)
2024-05-10 Ray Jayawardhana (**Seminar on KLÄMDAG**)
2024-05-14 Gayathri Viswanath (**Seminar on TUESDAY**)
2024-05-17 Elena Khomenko
2024-05-24 Matteo Messa
2024-05-31 Oleg Kochukhov (**Last seminar before summer break**)

You can subscribe to the seminars calendar in:
https://ttt.astro.su.se/ical/astro-seminars.ics
(Please note that calendar can be subject to updates)

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62211269644?pwd=K0J2eVVMa3pTa1JVN2lyRUJPR3Rjdz09
Meeting ID: 622 1126 9644