[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy departmental seminar Friday April 19 at 10:30am - Arthur Choplin (ONLINE ONLY)

Mon Apr 15 19:47:28 CEST 2024

Dear all,

The next SU astronomy departmental seminar will take place on Friday April 19 at 10:30am only on zoom (https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62211269644?pwd=K0J2eVVMa3pTa1JVN2lyRUJPR3Rjdz09).
___________________

Speaker: Arthur Choplin (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
Title: The intermediate neutron capture process

Event: https://indico.fysik.su.se/event/8644/

Abstract:
Despite considerable progresses during the last decades, the origin of the elements heavier than iron is not yet fully understood. In addition to the slow (s) and rapid (r) neutron capture processes, an intermediate neutron capture process (i-process) is thought to exist at neutron densities intermediate between the s- and r-processes. The astrophysical site(s) hosting the i-process is (are) actively debated. After reviewing the current status of the i-process, I will focus on the development of the i-process in asymptotic giant branch (AGB) stellar models, computed with the stellar evolution code STAREVOL. I will highlight the unique chemical fingerprint of the i-process, identify key reaction rates and compare model predictions with observations of chemically peculiar stars.

___________________

We look forward to seeing many of you there. Thanks!

Adur, Adélaïde, and Sanja

Upcoming Events:

2024-04-26 Dominique Petit
2024-05-03 Gang Li
2024-05-08 Ivo (**Seminar on WEDNESDAY**)
2024-05-10 Ray Jayawardhana (**Seminar on KLÄMDAG**)
2024-05-14 Gayathri Viswanath (**Seminar on TUSDAY**)
2024-05-17 Elena Khomenko

2024-05-24 Matteo Messa

You can subscribe to the seminars calendar in:
https://ttt.astro.su.se/ical/astro-seminars.ics
(Please note that calendar can be subject to updates)

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62211269644?pwd=K0J2eVVMa3pTa1JVN2lyRUJPR3Rjdz09
Meeting ID: 622 1126 9644