[SocBiN] Job position within Big Data and genetics

Erik Bongcam Rudloff Erik.Bongcam at slu.se
Mon Jan 4 11:40:49 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

Please distribute this job announcement among your students if there is interest.

Thanks and regards

Erik
-----------------------------------
Dr. Erik Bongcam-Rudloff
Professor of Bioinformatics
Head of SLU Bioinformatics Infrastructure (SLUBI)
Head of SGBC
SLU-Uppsala
+46-(0)72-535 55 87
+46 (0)18-67 21 21

Job position within Big Data and genetics
The breeding organisation Växa Sverige is looking for someone with an academic degree in bioinformatics, IT and informatics, data techniques or similar. Växa Sverige has a comprehensive database with registrations and information about Swedish cattle. The position will cover a combination of new method development and new data usage, as well as some regular job assignments of a more routine nature, such as preparing data before the monthly breeding evaluations and calculating genomic values. Our new colleague will also be a key figure in a larger project aimed at updating the IT infrastructure regarding breeding services. In addition to the tasks mentioned above, there will be opportunities in the future for data processing and development in some of our other knowledge areas, such as animal health, epidemiology or feeding. Last day for application is 2021-01-22. More information:https://ledigajobb.se/jobb/868a88/v%C3%A4xa-sverige-s%C3%B6ker-ny-kollega-med-intresse-f%C3%B6r-genetik-och-big-data

---
När du skickar e-post till SLU så innebär detta att SLU behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur detta går till, klicka här <https://www.slu.se/om-slu/kontakta-slu/personuppgifter/>
E-mailing SLU will result in SLU processing your personal data. For more information on how this is done, click here <https://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/contact-slu/personal-data/>