[SocBiN] Open: Postdoc in Bioinformatics – mechanisms of aging and rejuvenation

John Arne Dahl j.a.dahl at medisin.uio.no
Fri Jan 8 16:41:19 CET 2021

Postdoc in Bioinformatics – aging and rejuvenation

>From the Dahl Lab, Oslo University Hospital:

We are seeking a Bioinformatician/post-doctoral fellow to study the mechanisms of aging and rejuvenation in a systematic manner.

The successful candidate will develop new algorithms and perform data analysis on large datasets from whole tissues and purified cells from young and old individuals (e.g. DNA methylation, microChIP-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, proteomics), with a particular focus on stem cell aging, rejuvenation after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in healthy humans and cancer. Primary responsibilities are to design and conduct analysis and to develop pipelines and algorithms for large datasets and several information layers. We offer the opportunity to lead and collaborate on different research projects including clinical research and collaborate with other labs at Oslo University Hospital and internationally.

Situated at the Oslo University Hospital, Scandinavia’s largest hospital, the Dahl Laboratory is well positioned for conducting both basic and translational research using mouse and patient material.

Applications must be submitted through the official Oslo University Hospital recruitment website WebCruiter.

https://2411.webcruiter.no/Main2/Recruit/Public/4325719113?language=nb&link_source_id=0

Postdoc in Bioinformatics – aging and rejuvenation:

Enter Webcruiter ID in the search field:  4325719113

Application deadline: January 15th

(You can contact me if this deadline is too soon for you. My email is listed below).

Startup date: 01.03.2021/As soon as possible, but we are flexible. We are also flexible regarding working from a distance.

The location

We are located at the Oslo University Hospital, campus Rikshospitalet adjacent to an idyllic forest. Oslo is ranked as one of the best cities in the world to live in.

We can offer

  *   An ambitious and stimulating scientific environment with excellent opportunities for academic development
  *   Full-time three-year position
  *   Top modern and excellent lab facilities with a wide range of core facilities
  *   Attractive salary according to the guidelines from the Oslo University Hospital
  *   Favorable pension arrangements
  *   Attractive welfare arrangements, with affordable high-quality childcare available

Any questions regarding the position can be directed to:

Principal Investigator Dr. John Arne Dahl.        Email:  j.a.dahl at medisin.uio.no<mailto:j.a.dahl at medisin.uio.no>

Feel free to share :)

Best regards,

John Arne Dahl