[Bolincentret-at-su.se] PAST Gateways special issue in arktos (Journal of Arctic Geosciences)

Nina Kirchner nina.kirchner at natgeo.su.se
Thu Jul 27 09:55:40 CEST 2017

Dear All,

apologies for cross-posting.

I am forwarding a call for papers, for a Special Issue in the Journal of
Arctic Geosciences (arktos).

Please see below for more information including the timeline,  or
contact me if you are interested in submitting a paper.

Best wishes
Nina

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that ‘arktos’ The Journal of Arctic
Geosciences has agreed to publish a PAST Gateways special issue on
/'Arctic environmental change beyond instrumental records' /in the first
half of 2018. The special issue will bring together papers on the
following themes: (1) Growth and decay of Arctic Ice Sheets, (2) Arctic
sea-ice and ocean changes, and (3) Environmental change in non-glaciated
Arctic settings including permafrost studies. These are intended as
broad themes and if you have a paper on a related topic but are unsure
as to whether it fits within the remit of the special issue please do
email the guest editors to ask. The deadline for submission of papers to
the special issue is November 1, 2017. We envisage that reviews will be
complete by January 2018 and revised papers will be due by the end of
March. This is the final special issue of the PAST Gateways network
which will hold its 6th and last conference in Durham in April 2018.

Please note that all papers will appear on-line and can be downloaded
once they are accepted. Authors will be able to distribute the PDF of
their paper freely but there will also be free access for everyone to
the online version anyway. There will be free unlimited colour in both
the print and on-line versions of the volume (i.e., no charges for print
versions of colour figures). There will be flexibility as to the maximum
word limit of individual articles and lead authors will get a free hard
copy of the special issue.

We invite all members of the PAST Gateways network to submit a paper to
the special issue. Authors should follow the hyperlink ‘Submit Online’
on the journal’s webpage
(http://www.springer.com/earth+sciences+and+geography/journal/41063?detailsPage=press)
and upload their manuscript files following the ‘Instructions for
Authors.’ In the journal’s electronic submission system, they should
select the option ‘Special Issue – Past Gateways’ in the drop-down menu.

If you are intending to submit a paper to the special issue please can
you email me (colm.ocofaigh at durham.ac.uk
<mailto:colm.ocofaigh at durham.ac.uk>) before the end of July with the
‘provisional’ title.

With best regards,

Colm O’Cofaigh, Nina Kirchner, Grigory Fedorov, Riko Noormets and Anne
de Vernal (Guest Editors)

Professor Colm O'Cofaigh

Department of Geography

Durham University