[Funcoup] GIN and DOM

Andrey Alexeyenko andrej.alekseenko at scilifelab.se
Tue Oct 18 13:33:17 CEST 2011

> GIN: I just realised that this data type is not described in the Methods
> section, which it should be as it is new.  Could you please provide a
> section? I'm surprised it's only 4880 interactions - above what cutoff
> was that?
It's header is under
"***:  distinct genes/domains", i.e. I just counted how many unique
genes occurred in the Pearson table.
This is also the reason that I do not know what to say about preparing
the table and hence - cannot describe it in the Methods. I used just the
Pearson linear correlation values in the standard form.

> DOM: I'm very unhappy with this just saying 3563 for all species - this
> is almost meaningless.  Are you saying that the mapping to genes was
> only done on the fly?  Could I perhaps ask Dimitri to try to extract the
> actual gene pairs numbers?
That would be the hard part: how do we define a set of input genes?..
And I do not think it is crucial. Indeed, the pivotal dataset is
UniDomInt: as soon as we have an extra gene with Pfam domains in it, we
can check it in FunCoup with this data. For comparison, in MEX, PEX or
PPI the gene IDs are pivotal, that's why we count them in the table.

> I also see that we don't describe the UniDomInt usage in the Methods
> section - do we need to?  Was some cutoff or other parameter used?
I think I just employed the old procedure developed for those old Rhodes
data. And I ignored lines that had UniDomInt score 0.