[Funcoup] [SNIC support #70987] Re: SBC AFS file server crash at PDC

Andrey Alexeyenko andrej.alekseenko at scilifelab.se
Tue Jun 5 16:17:32 CEST 2012

Yes, that's a disappointment. Much later I recalled that they gave out
volumes >5GB on the condition of no backup (I myself lost 40GB this way...).

I do store the code, and probably nothing more.
Some post-processing was done, although not much. However I never
processed the MEX files - these were normalized on fly (while reading
in), so MEX are safe - if they are stored somwhere else.

And what is almost definitely lost is PPI (IntAct). I moved it long ago
to one of those big volumes...

Andrey

On 2012-05-31 11:53, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> I do have the training results, identifier mappings and the data I have upload.
> That is: PEX, Blast bit-scores, InParanoid mappings, Complex GS
> Its about 2G in total.
> Although I'm not 100% positive that Andrey hasn't changed the files after my upload.
>
> /Thomas
>

> On May 31, 2012, at 11:38 AM, Erik Sonnhammer wrote:
>
>> Hi, it seems we won't get back the FunCoup scratch disk.
>>
>> How much of that information is still around?  I think we should have at
>> least all of the raw datasets somewhere, and ideally all the training
>> results.
>>
>> Should we ask for a backed up project disk for FunCoup, or is it enough
>> to keep it on Andrey's volume?
>>
>> /Erik
>>
>> On 05/30/2012 10:52 AM, Dejan Vitlacil via SNIC support wrote:
>>> Hi Erik,
>>>
>>> unfortunately we didn't manage to recover data from the broken RAID.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Dejan