[Funcoup] [SNIC support #70987] Re: SBC AFS file server crash at PDC

Erik Sonnhammer Erik.Sonnhammer at sbc.su.se
Thu Jun 7 11:27:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

let's just do the best given the situation and be happy that we did not
lose the final network or the website.  I suggest that we try to
reconstruct as much as possible, i.e. if the effort is not too big.

1. The new prj.sbc.erison.8 is only 50 Gb - is this enough?

2. Should we ask prj.sbc.erison.8 to be backed up?  I'm not sure this is
possible but maybe.  If not we should get a backed up project disk for
important files.

3. Could I please ask that everybody that made datasets and still have
copies locally to copy to
/afs/pdc.kth.se/misc/pdc/volumes/sbc/prj.sbc.erison.8/FC2/

/Erik