[Funcoup] [SNIC support #70987] Re: SBC AFS file server crash at PDC

Erik Sonnhammer Erik.Sonnhammer at sbc.su.se
Thu May 31 11:38:24 CEST 2012

Hi, it seems we won't get back the FunCoup scratch disk.

How much of that information is still around?  I think we should have at
least all of the raw datasets somewhere, and ideally all the training
results.

Should we ask for a backed up project disk for FunCoup, or is it enough
to keep it on Andrey's volume?

/Erik

On 05/30/2012 10:52 AM, Dejan Vitlacil via SNIC support wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> unfortunately we didn't manage to recover data from the broken RAID.
>
> Cheers,
> Dejan
> PDC-Staff
>
>> [Erik.Sonnhammer at sbc.su.se - Mon May 28 08:01:14 2012]:
>>
>> Hi, I'm wondering if you have managed to salvage "prj.sbc.erison.8"
>> from
>> the broken RAID.
>>
>> Bests
>> Erik
>>
>> On 2012-03-20 16:32, Dejan Vitlacil via SNIC support wrote:
>>> Hi Erik.
>>>
>>> Sorry to inform you that your volume "prj.sbc.erison.8" was created
>> without backup, on your request.
>>> So it will not be among volumes that we are restoring from our tape
>> backup.
>>>
>>> On the other hand, we are working and trying to save as much as we
>> can from the broken RAID, but
>>> right now I can't give you more information as it is ongoing
>> process.
>>>
>>> We will contact you as soon as we know more.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Dejan