[Inparanoid] orthologous gene assign

Jun Wang junwang at unomaha.edu
Sat Apr 26 20:10:52 CEST 2014

Hi,
I am now dealing with the comparative genomic project, I want to do orthologous analysis, so I use this inparanoid4.1 software, and it is good. While my problem is: I have more than two species, for example, I have four species (A, B, C, D), how can do it with inparanoid software in order to have the orthologous gene among the four species. Should I do like this (AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD)? And then extract the orthologous gene name manually? Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

Bests,

Jun Wang
University of Nebraska at Omaha