[OKC-CosmologyGravity] Klein Bottle next Wednesday (October 7th) *Action required*

Rahman Amanullah rahman at fysik.su.se
Mon Sep 28 18:00:06 CEST 2015

Hi,

since you made me in charge of the upcoming Klein Bottle, I now have a request for all of you!  I would like for each one of you to come up with a question related to your field.  The question should preferably be general enough to be of interest to everyone in the OKC, but at the same time the answer should not be obvious to everyone.  Please also provide four possible alternative answers with one being the correct one (and please let me know which one it is).  If you do not come up with a question before *this Friday*, you may expect an unimaginably cruel punishment from me.  An example of a question could be:

What is the dominating the mass of the proton?
  a) The sum of the rest masses of the quarks
  b) The sum of the rest masses of the gluons
  c) The combined binding energy
  d) Chiral symmetry breaking

The plan for the Klein Bottle is that we will start at 17.00 with drinks (organised by Göran) and mingle.

* Around 17.20 we will have a short quiz based on your questions.   However, this will not be a traditional quiz competition.  We will sample all answers simultaneously and present a statistical, collective, live, answer to each question using state of the art technology and high-perfomance computing.

* Around 17.40, Stephan Rosswog will enlighten us on the topic “Is there any chance of detecting real sources at astronomical distances with Advanced LIGO?”

* Dinner will be served around 18.00 (organised by Raphael).  During dinner Seméli (with friend(s)?) will entertain us with various examples illustrating why Hollywood directors should take some elementary physics classes.

Cheers,

  Rahman