[Okc-wp4] EO meeting Thu Apr 4 @ 13:15 KTH meeting room

Andre Schneider andre.schneider at astro.su.se
Thu Apr 4 09:59:44 CEST 2019

REMINDER of Sanjay Reddy's EO meeting talk today.

Dear colleagues,

our next EO meeting will take place this Thursday Apr 4 at 13:15 in the KTH meeting room on the 5th floor.

Sanjay Reddy, who is visiting from the University of Washington, will  present us the following talk:

Title: The Dark Side of Neutron Stars

Abstract: Neutron stars provide unique opportunities to discover or
constrain dark matter. I will discuss a few recent proposals and their
implications. Very weakly interacting particles be produced or accreted
onto neutron stars, the challenge is to identify observable signatures.
I will discuss how gravitational waves, neutrinos and x-rays from
neutron stars can provide new ways to constrain compact dark objects,
and some types of particle dark matter.

See you there!

André da Silva Schneider

Department of Astronomy