[Okc-wp4] EO meeting Thu May 2 @ 13:15 KTH meeting room

Andre Schneider andre.schneider at astro.su.se
Sun Apr 28 21:28:51 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

our next EO meeting will take place this Thursday May 2 at 13:15 in the KTH meeting room on the 5th floor.

Alexandra Veledina, from NORDITA, will  present us the following talk:

Title: The mystery of transitional millisecond pulsars

Abstract: Radio millisecond pulsars are fast-rotating neutron stars which are believed to have been spun up by the proceeding accretion processes. This formation scenario assumes there are periods of time when the pulsar is actively accreting. It has been confirmed by the discovery of the so-called transitional millisecond pulsars, the systems which were detected both as radio pulsars and, at some other time, as accreting millisecond X-ray pulsars. These sources also provide a unique dataset to study low-level accretion and demonstrate rich variety of observational properties. I will give an overview of the recent observations of such systems and describe a physical model for the observed multiwavelength behaviour.

See you there!

André da Silva Schneider

Department of Astronomy

Stockholm University